Monday, October 1, 2012

The Month of October: When Horror Fills the Cinema

In festive Halloween fashion October is a month where we get to see a lot of horror films being released in theaters. This is a list of all the horror films being released in October and I will note which ones I will be seeing an reviewing. (Click each film's title to see my review) Here is a list of October 2012 horror releases:

October 5:
V/H/S - Was released through VOD services last month, now seeing a nationwide theater release. I held out on seeing this on-demand just so I can see it in theaters. Will be seeing this and reviewing it, hopefully on release day.
Trailer
Frankenweenie - I've been hearing some great things about this Burton film. Definitely going to see this.
Trailer












#Hold Your Breath - Yes, there is a hashtag in the title. I'm pretty sure I'll pass on this one.
Trailer











October 12:
Sinister - I don't know all too much about this but I've been hearing its name tossed around a lot lately. Will being seeing.
Trailer












Smiley - Been waiting for this for awhile now. Should provide some B-movie goodness.
Trailer











Grave Encounters 2 - I never saw the first one, and it doesn't seem very interesting to me. If for some reason I end up watching the first one in the next two weeks then I'll go see this.
Trailer









October 19:
Paranormal Activity 4 - Yet another in the franchise. I'm not too big of a fan, but I will be seeing this, just for completion's sake.
Trailer












Citadel - Pass.
Trailer









October 26:
Silent Hill: Revelation - Follow up to 2006's Silent Hill, both of which are based on the video games. No doubt seeing this.
Trailer









October 25 to 31st:
Halloween - The original Halloween film by John Carpenter is getting a special nationwide re-release to finish off the month. Will definitely be seeing this. See here to find a theater near you that will be showing it: http://www.screenvision.com/cinema-events/halloween/
Trailer

















I will be seeing the majority of these films and you can expect a review for each on the day of its release or within a day or two of its release. Other films I will be seeing in October (non-horror) include: Seven Psychopaths and maybe Paper Boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...